The provisions regarding form GSTR-4 has mentioned in section 39(2). Form GSTR-4 is to be filed quarterly. In this article, I have mentioned the due date of filing form GSTR-4, the person who is liable to form GSTR-4, process and contents of filing form GSTR-4.
Who is liable to file form GSTR-4?
Every person who is registered under section 10 for paying tax under composition scheme, is liable to furnish the return in form GSTR-4.
What is the due/last date to file form GSTR-4?
The GSTR-4 is to be filed quarterly. The last/due date to file form GSTR-4 is 18th of the next month from the end of the quarter for which the detail is to be filed.
What are the contents of form GSTR-4?
Contents of form GSTR-4- The contents of form GSTR 4 are as follows-
- Name of the Taxable person
- Address of the Taxable person
- Period to which the return pertains
- All Inward supplies either from registered or unregistered persons
- Amendments to details of inward supplies including supplies received from unregistered persons in earlier tax periods
- Goods /Capital goods received from Overseas (Import of goods)
- Amendments in Goods /Capital goods received from Overseas (Import of goods) of earlier tax periods
- Services received from a supplier located outside India (Import of services)
- Amendments in Services received from a supplier located outside India (Import of services) of earlier tax periods
- Outward Supplies made
- Amendments to Outward Supplies related to intra-state supplies
- Details of Credit/Debit Notes issued and received
- Amendment to Details of Credit/Debit Notes Issued and Received of earlier tax periods
- TDS Credit received
- Tax liability under reverse charge arising on account of time of supply without receipt of Invoice
- Details of Amendment in Reverse Charge Tax liability arising on account of time of Supply without receipt of Invoice
- Tax already paid on account of time of supply for invoices received in the current period relating to reverse charge.
- Liability Payable
- Details of Tax Payment
- Refund Claimed
- Declaration by the taxable person
- Signature of the authorized person
What is the process of filing form GSTR-4?
The process of filing form GSTR 4 are as follows-
- The form GSTR-4 shall be prepared on the basis of GSTR-4A.
- The information furnished by the supplier in form GSTR-1 shall be made available to the composition supplier in form GSTR-4A. The form GSTR-4A, generated automatically, on the common portal after filing GSTR-1.
- After adding, deleting or modifying the details mentioned in form GSTR-4A, the composition dealer shall fill the FORM GSTR 4.
- The registered person, shall be liable to pay tax, interest, fee, penalty and any other amount payable under this act by debiting the electronic cash ledger.
- The form GSTR 4 shall be filed electronically, on the common portal, on or before the due date.
- The details furnished in form GSTR-4A shall be made available to the supplier in form GSTR-1A, electronically, on the common portal, the supplier may either accept or reject the modification made by the composition supplier. FORM GSTR-1 furnished, earlier by the supplier, shall stand amended on the basis of modifications accepted by him.
- The form GSTR-4 shall be filed after 10th of the next month from the end of the quarter for which the return is to be filed as this form is to be filed on the basis of the form GSTR-4A, generated on filing of form GSTR-1, filed 10th of the next month.
When will the return is to be filed, if the option of composition scheme has been withdrawn?
A registered person has been opted to withdraw from the composition scheme at his own motion or where option is withdrawn at the instance of the proper officer shall, where required, furnish the details relating to the period prior to his opting for payment of tax under section 9 in FORM GSTR-4, earlier of the following-
- till the due date of furnishing the return for the quarter ending September of the succeeding financial year or
- furnishing of annual return of the preceding financial year.
Please comment for any query on form GSTR-4.